*Safety Information: Please ensure that all pillars, dowels, sugar flowers, picks, ribbons, candles, & any other non edible items are removed from the cake before cutting and consuming. Be aware that sugar flowers may contain wires, non edible stamens, and may have styrofoam centres.
*Although my equipment is sterilized and my ingredients do not contain nuts, my kitchen is not a nut-free facility so I cannot guarantee a nut-free product.

Behind The Scenes

BEHIND THE SCENES:

Tuesday 23 October 2012

Cake Ring Box

I was recently challenged to make a cake that resembled a specific ring box and matching wedding bands for a couples 2nd wedding anniversary.  I had a lot of fun designing it and putting it all together!
The cake was chocolate with chocolate icing.  The rings were done out of sugar paste and painted with edible shimmer dust and shimmer paints.  The clasps were done with sugar paste as well, using a chocolate mould and afterwards carved into a design that I thought would fit best with the overall design. After the moulds dried, they were  painted with a gold shimmer paint. After everything was put together, the fondant was glazed to resemble a glossy cherry wood finish. 















No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments & Testimonials: